Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Outdoor Ride of 2009

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought (I know, don't I always say this?). Actually, it went a lot better than I expected. I was cold pretty much the entire time. I had to pee for most of the ride. And my legs were not moving as fast as I would have liked them to by the end...though I'm still not sure if that was due to them being frozen stumps, or being under-conditioned. Likely a combination of both. But all in all it felt great to be outside on the bike.

The scenery hadn't changed much.

And neither had the smells -- ahhh, farm country. (though the cold weather kept this to a minimum -- a perk of a 29 degree start temp?)

There was the obligatory dog chase (these labs were actually pretty friendly - but they were hard to lose).
For some new excitement, we started a cow stampede -- so wish I had video of that, it was hilarious. They all just started running along the fence with us.

And there was even PB&J....which I didn't partake in figuring that both the jelly and the pb were loaded with sugar. (that part really sucks about this no sugar, no dairy...I think I'm going to hunt down some sugar free jelly so I can make my own pb&j's....there is no better training food)

Ride mileage: 27
Start temp: 29
Finish temp: 42
Overall summary: Excellent first day out on the bike

No comments: