Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And that's doing what to my body?

On one of my many recent excursions to the grocery store, I picked up a box of Yogi Detox Tea. I was looking for something without caffeine, the detox was just a side benefit. I figured while I'm ridding myself of sugar and dairy, might as well purge some other toxic garbage from my body too.

Much to my surprise, the stuff tastes pretty good. Also to my surprise, the tea cleaned the accumulation of limescale from the inside of my coffee cup. (its the cup I leave at work, and sometimes leave water sitting in overnight. Water evaporates. Leaves limescale.)

I had taken the cup home and put it in the dishwasher and still couldn't get the limescale off. I've also left other teas in the cup overnight even, with no similar effect.

So that got me kinda freaking out a bit, what is this stuff? And what is it doing to my body if it does that to my coffee cup?

But then, can it really be worse than some of the other stuff I eat that I don't even think twice about -- like fettuccine alfredo, for example. I do love me some cream sauce. I know its bad for me and I still eat it. So why am I getting all excited about organic, all natural, calorie free tea? Silly.

So bring on the detox. I'll have shiny, clean internal organs to match my shiny, clean coffee cup!

1 comment:

ssjd411 said...

You just can't go wrong with a clean, shiny colon.....says the student nurse! =)