Monday, February 25, 2008

Mmmm....broccoli

Funny how your body is smarter than you sometimes. I must have been eating really badly lately because I'm craving green things. Who craves vegetables?? That can't be normal.

This morning I had an orange for breakfast. (after coffee, of course) And then rather than the veggie burger and carrots I had packed for lunch, I went out and picked up a veggie wrap. The veggie burger just seemed to heavy. I wanted lettuce. Again, weird.

Tonight I'm pretty excited to steam up some broccoli for dinner. And no, I'm not kidding.

I'm blaming these wacky new cravings on a few things -- One, I've been totally gorging on monster cookies for the past two days. And chocolate, that I bought while at the store shopping for monster cookie ingredients. I think I may have found my tolerance level for sweets (who knew there was such a thing?). -- Two, I'm probably dehydrated. Its hard to make yourself drink water when its so chilly out. I've been good about hydrating while working out, but not so good the rest of the day.

So like it or not, I'm getting my eating back on track....one odd-ball craving at a time!

2 comments:

70.3 or bust said...

yeah for craving veggies. I was so looking forward to my enormous salad tonight, but we already know I'm weird. :)

MEX-WORKS RACING said...

Your training looks much like mine :) And bad weather in WI???? Whoda thunk it? I lived in central WI for awhile when I was growing up. We lived on a resort outside a small town on a lake...a road grader actually came with the property because of the snow in the winter. We were snowed in once for almost 3 weeks! At least people know what to expect though.