Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why are mornings so....early?

Made it across town for an early morning swim workout today. It was painful.

Not so much the workout, as the getting up early part. But much to my surprise I did manage to get out the door...freshly made smoothie in hand...and to the pool in plenty of time. I credit my success to the fact that I did everything I possibly could have the night before. All that was left was changing, brushing teeth, and making the smoothie. Oh, and scraping and warming up the car -- LOVE Wisconsin. But I warmed up the car while I was blending the smoothie and it all worked out pretty well.

I'm thinking about minimizing my sleep to swim transition time by sleeping in my suit next time. Now that's thinking like a true triathlete. This whole morning workout thing must be what prepares you for fast transitions.

The workout was overall kind of wimpy. There was too much chatting beforehand, which cut into the actual swim time. I could have kept going but I have this pesky thing called a job.

200 SKPS (Swim, Kick, Pull, Swim) Warm-up
3 x 200 Slow down, fast back
1 x 500 for time, except I can't count so I did more like 550 or 600, we're not sure

1300 total yards...give or take. It was early. Who can count laps that early? And a 500....c'mon. That's counting all the way to 10 (or 20 if you're counting lengths). I can't do that until I'm at least halfway through my morning latte.

No comments: