Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hello Spring

I was a day late on my tulip photo taking. The rain had its way with them yesterday and they were not in the best shape. But I wanted to try out my new camera lens so I snapped away like a tourist anyway.

Incidentally, I tried a 24mm 2.8 AF Nikkor lens (there was a limited rental supply and this seemed like the most interesting option). Not all that impressed, but it has convinced me that I NEED the 50mm 1.4. I really don't even know how to use my camera, but I NEED that lens. Kind of like how I am the slowest biker ever but I really NEED a new tri bike. Its ridiculous.

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

do you already have a 1.8? Cause I love my 1.8 and really don't think the extra money for a 1.4 is worth it.....that's me, though! :)

perpetual adventure said...

Julia...funny you should ask. When I was in the camera store returning my rental lens Friday, and ended up buying the 1.8! I didn't realize that it was substantially cheaper. And even the camera store employees seemed to think that for my uses (at least right now) this lens would more than suit my needs. I can't wait to play with it some more!

twiceknit said...

beautiful pictures!