Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother nature, you have my attention.

So I was going to run last night. I was. But then I had to go to a meeting after work. At a bar. And it really was a meeting, I swear. And we really did do some business. But when you can have beer while doing business...um, why wouldn't you? This is Wisconsin, is it not. We drink beer here. That's what we do.

So I had one. One beer. Thinking that I could actually still bust out a couple miles after one beer. Except that mother nature decided to host the inaugural thunderstorm event of the season on my way home. OMG.

I love me a good thunderstorm and all. I do. But not when I'm DRIVING IN IT. And the lightening. Wow. It was quite a show. The sun setting. The orange glow crowded with ominous charcoal storm clouds. The deadly cloud-to-ground electric bolts interrupting the scene every minute or so. And then the torrential downpour.

Needless to say, I let mother nature win that round. No running. I was just happy to be alive when I pulled the car in the garage, I didn't feel the need to tempt fate any further.

Now if mother nature could just get to work on all the spring blooming instead of spring booming....that would be great. The lilacs in particular. Those are my favorite.

No comments: