Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hello NYC! I got in!


I still can't believe it. What started out as an off-hand, crazy suggestion has turned into me running 26.2 miles through New York City. I am going to be running a marathon. A MARATHON. This year. As in 140 odd days from now. And I'm actually excited about it.

I don't even like to run. Yet I can't wait. I can already feel the nervous pre-race tummy...the anticipation, the excitement, the overwhelming emotion of 100,000 other runners around me and 26.2 miles ahead of me.....the crowds, the scenery, the dig-deep moments of self doubt, and the exhilarating feeling of accomplishment that comes with foil blankets and medals at the glorious finish.

I am running a marathon.

3 comments:

ssjd411 said...

Congrats!!!!! I have two words for you......chamois butter!!! =)

Dano said...

Congratulations - great luck!
I won the Trader Joe's bag raffle, that was pretty cool ;)
Next thing you know, you'll be dropping your name in the lottery for Kona!

Unknown said...

Good story for you:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/health/02well.html?_r=1&ref=health