Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New toys

My arms feel like jello and I smell like chlorine. Why? Because I went to the pool and did an actual workout....like one where I WORKED. HARD. It was new, and crazy, but I liked it. Because, I guess, when I pay someone to tell me what to do I actually do it. Oh, the epiphanies happening around here. But more on that later....

Right now I want to talk about this:

My new toy. The Garmin Forerunner 305. It is large (literally, takes up half my arm) and in charge, and will be telling me just exactly how hard (or not) I'm working from here to eternity. Or at least November, when after 26.2 miles, there is a strong possibility it might end up in the Hudson.
So this is going to put a new spin on things around here. I have a feeling things are about to get a lot less lazy and a whole lot more painful. I'd buy stock in Ibuprofen, I foresee a spike in demand on the horizon.

1 comment:

ssjd411 said...

You got one!!!! I LOVE mine! You can take off and run without having to drive the route to figure out mileage! You can use it on your bike too! My most favorite purchase ever!!!! ENJOY!