Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Numbers! We have numbers!

180. The first significant number to be produced from my fancy new tool. 180 beats per minute, to be exact. Which is apparently the fastest that my lil ol' heart can pump when I am blowing up out on the bike.

I found this out through a short series of planned, yet somewhat horrible-feeling bursts of effort.

I sincerely hope I never see the number 180 again. Though that number will haunt me for the next four months as it will be the basis for pretty much everything I do from here on out.

But the silver lining to all this number business is the number 990. That is the number of calories that I allegedly burned while out on my bike tonight (the little gizmo wouldn't lie now, would it?). And it is arguably the most accurate way to count calories burned because its based off my personal data and my heart rate during the workout. That means I can have frozen custard for dinner, right? Is this a great new tool, or what?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of anything that enables me to eat frozen custard for dinner. Where can I get one of these?

Ginny