Tuesday, March 10, 2009

About life, and such....

One little trip to the grocery store and a night spent chopping and prepping, and the food experiment is back on. Admittedly, I feel better. Not just physically better, I actually feel better about a lot of things. I guess a little change of scenery can work wonders. (though, I think it was more of the time spent with great girlfriends that really did the trick)


And so it is that I find myself in a bit of a lull. Most of the things that added stress to my life have subsided (if only temporarily). I don't have any immediate travel plans. And I'm not currently a slave to any extreme training plans. Ho hum. What to do?


What I am trying not to do, is what I would normally do in this situation -- make frantic plans. I've been stressing about how to fit in one more ski trip, and where to go this summer, and what race to do and how that fits into travel plans. And what the heck am I doing with my life anyway, and where is my career headed. And well, this is how the hamster in the little wheel in my head works. He's on crystal meth. He doesn't slow down. You get him started thinking about one little thing, and the next thing you know you're in TOTAL FREAK OUT mode.


So I am trying not to freak out right now. I'm trying to just be patient. And enjoy a little down time. Enjoy having a free night to go to the grocery store, and chop vegetables. Time to read. And find new recipes. And maybe organize photos. De-clutter filing cabinets. All those things that piled up when I was running around the globe, or just out running.


Maybe its a little spring cleaning bug, but now feels like a great time to just get life in order. And oddly enough, I think this will help my training. It will reduce the number of excuses, anyway.

No comments: