Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not ideal, but who can complain?


Admittedly, I've become a bit of a fair-weather skier.  When the mountain is in your backyard, and you can come and go as you please thanks to a season pass, the need for epic quad-busting days to maximize your economic return on the vacation days and lift ticket dollars invested becomes a thing of the past.  

Today's conditions were not ideal.  Especially considering low-light and/or low-visibility are my least favorite of all the mediocre skiing condition variables.  But I had to get out there anyway because THIRTEEN INCHES OF POWDER happened.  And while I still have no idea what I'm doing in powder (not gonna lie, my form gets downright ugly), the powder-fun meter has been gradually moving away from the "work" end of the spectrum and closer to "ok, I get it, this is kind-of enjoyable" side of things.



Today was no exception.  Super fun day bouncing around in the snow piles, decent little leg-workout, and all topped off with a stop at the crepe cart.  Nicely played, if I do say so.

No comments: