Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Doesn't Have To Be Epic

I have a cold.  I was supposed to ski today.  I didn't.  Which should have sucked, really.  But instead it was an unexpectedly wonderful day.

A day spent piddling around home, then town -- this adorable little town -- in the sunshine.  Running errands.  The library, the post office.  Stopping for a favorite lunch treat.  Bumping into friends on the street.

What a fantastic day.

Days like this remind me of everything I love about mountain towns, and some of the forgotten reasons that I started this little adventure in the first place.

I took a minute to soak it all in from a bench in the sunshine.  This charmed little place, all with the backdrop of majestic peaks.  Turns out I don't need to be on the mountain to have a great day, I am perfectly content just to know that it is there.

No comments: