Thursday, December 4, 2008

Boot Camp

I might hate myself for this.

But then, I might hate my upcoming two weeks in Colorado if I don't do this.

For the next two weeks, this non-morning-don't-talk-to-me-'til-I've-had-my-latte girl will be getting up at 4:45AM to attend "boot camp." And when I say "the next two weeks" that means EVERY BLESSED MORNING for the next two weeks.

I guess that's just what I get for my serious lack of self-motivation. If I knew I could force myself onto the treadmill in my office building a couple times a week I wouldn't have to do this. But the truth is, I lugged my workout bag to work more than once over the last two weeks and failed to make it on the treadmill once.

So I had to throw down my $100 for the privilege of rolling out of bed in the cold, cold, darkness at obscenely early hours that no one should see unless they are catching a flight for an unbelievable vacation.

I know it'll be good for me AND for my upcoming two-week mountain adventure. But right now the only thing that looks good about this idea is it being over.

I'm sensing a renewed addiction to caffeine in my future. And possibly ibuprofen.

No comments: