Thursday, December 11, 2008

This will be good for me

In another week, I will feel really buff. But right now, putting on my sports bra seems to be a bit more of a challenge than it used to be. Did you know there are muscles around your rib cage? Ya, I never thought about those muscles either....until now!

Another muscle group I enjoy forgetting about....abs. Those are demanding attention today as well. Did you know that you use your abs to turn corners IN YOUR CAR? Well, trust me, you do.

I actually think I would really enjoy this boot camp nonsense, if it wasn't so - freakin - early. I'm struggling with the mornings. I like the class, I like the people, I think the workout is exactly what I need and I enjoy getting it out of the way before the day starts. But round about 2pm there is not enough caffeine to keep me alert.

Maybe the mornings will get easier as my body adjusts to it, but right now I just feel a little....off.

And *bonus*, I told a friend I would do spin class with her tonight. What was I thinking? Tonight could be my first spin bike injury....when I fall asleep in the middle of class and fall off my bike.

But this is good for me. I will thank myself for this later. Just like I'm now thanking myself for buying that ankle length down coat in August. This will pay off later. It will. In the meantime I'll be stocking up on Ibuprofen and coffee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and NO I won't let you out of it.