Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thinking about working out

I swear this is a blog about working out. Really. But this darn cold just wanted to stick around for a bit. I think I finally kicked it now. I can go nearly 20 minutes at a stretch without coughing (and when I say coughing I mean like who let the seals out bark sounding cough -- its horribly embarrassing). And the Rudolph look I've been sporting is finally starting to fade. Definite signs that the end is near.

I did go to the gym last night, but only to sit in the hot tub and eucalyptus steam room. With some getting used to the steam room was actually quite tolerable....in a torture chamber kind-of way. The first time I tried it I walked in and walked right back out. It was way too hot...and claustrophobic....and kind of slimy. I felt like the air was choking me and I couldn't get out fast enough. But last night I was desperate for some lung therapy so I sucked it up and was able to swing it for two sessions of over five minutes. Today I'm crediting my coughing breakthrough to the steam. I really think it helped.

And just so you know, I haven't stopped thinking about the workouts....I even ordered a new swimsuit to get ready for the next pool workout. I was really in need of one. But they're expensive and I'm cheap. I got through all of last season with the same suit....but now its getting pretty thin and starting to sag -- very un-hot and bordering on scandalous. I bought a new one off the bargain rack at the end of the season last year but I was in a hurry and didn't try it on. The fit ended up being all wrong for me.

It seems kind-of odd to be ordering a swimsuit when its -35 and a blizzard outside, but that's how motivated I am!

My bag's all packed to hit the noon cycle class at the gym tomorrow....I'm hopeful....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you are still battling that cold. the freaking freezing cold outside doesn't help either! :( I was so jazzed b/c I ordered a new suit too and it totally doesn't work for me. DAMN! I guess I need to go and try some on then see if I can find one cheaper online. Those things are RIDICULOUS!

Anonymous said...

ya better double up on the probiotics and enzymes to heal up faster! if you don't already take a green/whole food supplement, take a look at Rgarden products. they have a great one called "sun energy". i'm pretty sure they available on the web, but i get mine from a local dist. and from a truckers viewpoint, no suit is built for my girlish/trucker figure!