Saturday, January 26, 2008

23 weeks to go

While my body is being overrun with some very ambitious little snot-making lemmings, I have discovered what is quite possibly one of the best inventions in modern times. Seriously. What took people so long to come up with this?

Puffs tissues with Vicks and lotion. Its like magic for your nose. I'm thinking of just attaching one to my face. Like a menthol-infused snot cup...no blowing required. They probably give you brain tumors or something and I don't even care. They are saving my nose.

I have been sick now for a full seven days. So, as you can imagine, my training has been completely derailed. Unless you count coughing as an ab workout. I've been doing a lot of that.

When I started thinking about a seven day break from training I got a little freaked out. Now that I've got this pesky training plan I'm sticking with it, and nowhere does it say "lay around and do nothing for a week".

But after a glance at the calendar and some quick math I determined there are 17 weeks until the half marathon, and 23 weeks until the half Ironman. Plenty of time....

No comments: