Sunday, January 20, 2008

So much for the plan...

Seems my body wasn't as keen on this weekends plan as I was.

It started Friday with a tightness down my neck and spine. I just figured I was stressed-- It had been a long week. But after a little run on the treadmill Friday night I started feeling a little something funny in my nose and the back of my throat.

I opted for some hot tub time instead of the laps I had planned, but by 9pm Friday that tightness turned to an all over achy feeling. I was wiped and ready for bed. I took some preemptive Ibuprofen but still woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like two grapefruits in the back of my head, making my brain hurt and swallowing a painful challenge.

After 13 hours of sleep Friday I was feeling OK. Not the horrible hit-by-a-truck feeling I was anticipating -- thankfully. So I set my immune system up for a full battle to finish the war. With lots of Emergen-C, my "snot blaster" (a great invention...like a Nedi pot on steroids), a fruit smoothie (that unfortunately took the life of one good spatula -- did I mention I'm not so good in the kitchen?), and a little down time, I seem to have come out victorious.

I'm hoping to get back to the plan tomorrow and head to the gym for cycle class and some pool time.

No comments: