Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just life

Apparently, its been a week since my last post.  Feels more like a month.

So much has happened.  Lots of good stuff.  Some stressful stuff (good stress though, and yes, there is such a thing).  Some active stuff.  Just lots of stuff.

More driving than hiking this week.  (Whohoo trip to the big city and a full pantry!  I'm set for the summer.  Though seeing all that beautiful reasonably priced produce that I couldn't stock up on was torture.  Oh the luxury of having a Whole Foods right down the road.....you big city people don't know how good you have it.  On the other hand, I ran about a million errands the other day, on foot, in under an hour.  So small town living has a few perks, I guess.)

And more working than playing, thanks to the driving.  But I did get some time to enjoy the latest festival in town -- balloons.  Such a cool sight.  I wish I had been here for the big morning event, but I did manage to get a few pics late in the weekend.






I've started two new jobs (such are they joys of mountain living, multiple employers) and two volunteer gigs.  And to be quite honest, I'm much more excited about the volunteering than the jobs.  Figures, I guess.  But what I'm hoping is that the volunteering might open some doors to paid gigs along the same lines.  So....we'll see.  In the meantime, I've got a pretty sweet schedule and I'm almost paying my bills.  What more could a mountain girl ask for?

Throw in an amazing sunset view from my deck, and I'd say I'm a pretty lucky girl.






And....as if life couldn't get any better, this morning I made this yummy concoction for breakfast: fat-free greek yogurt, homemade granola, blueberries, raspberries, chia seeds and honey.  YUM.


And now I'm off on a two-hour hike through a canyon to a waterfall.

1 comment:

ssjd411 said...

rough life girlie!!!! sounds excellent! enjoy!