Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Guess what? Another hike!

I hiked for two and a  half hours tonight.  TWO AND A HALF HOURS.  Two thirds of which was uphill.  Because that's how things work around here.  When you live in a canyon and you want to get anywhere the direction is pretty much always up.

Which, you would think would be great because well, duh...there's always the down part on the way home, right?  Yes, true.  Problem is, the down is not exactly easy around here.  You're usually coming down steep loose dirt or gravel so you need to be paying attention for sure, and then just hoping your quads can hold on until you hit flat ground.  Not easy kids.  My knees will probably never forgive me.



But tonight's hike was great.  A climb (I'd like to call it steep but it is more likely to be classified as consistent grade, or some other such wimpy sounding nonsense) out of town to the base of yet another waterfall with a friend that I haven't been able to catch up with now that I'm doing this thing called working (highly overrated if you ask me).

I'm finally starting to build a little posse of people to call on when I feel like taking off on an active endeavor.  I have really missed this.  Right now the circle that I call on is small, but I'm happy that it even exists at all.  I know I've said it before but its still true -- I miss my workout friends.  My bike-therapy buddies.  My walkers, my runners.....my lets just do something active so we don't have to feel guilty about the wine we're going to drink afterward friends.

If you were all here this place would be SO MUCH MORE AMAZING.  Because while its beautiful here, this place is just a place without beautiful people to share it with.

No comments: