Sunday, November 1, 2009

New York City Marathon 2009



I don't even know where to start talking about this day.  It was a marathon, in every way.  Inspiring, emotional, humbling, painful....absolutely and unforgettable experience.  This race is amazing.  And I feel so grateful to have been a part of it.  To have had the chance to soak up all that energy that the city and the crowds put into this day.  It has certainly reminded me that the marathon is truly a celebration of the human spirit.

I didn't have the race that I was hoping for, it started well then took a sharp nosedive right after mile 14,  but in the end it doesn't matter all that much.  I finished.  I did it.  I did what I could out there with what I had on that day.  And that's all we really can do.

More thoughts through the week.  I'm still soaking it all in.  And looking forward to seeing more of the city over the next three days.  After some sleep....and ibuprofen.  ;)

No comments: