Monday, November 9, 2009

And you thought gels were hard to stomach....

This is how you know you're not in Manhattan anymore.....turkey gizzard anyone?



Small-town Wisconsin novelties aside, I had a fantastic weekend in the country.  I even managed to steer clear of the little green devils floating around (sometimes being the photographer has its perks!).



I'm not sure if it was my clever evasive technique or my marathon metabolism still hard at work but I managed to emerge from the weekend relatively hangover free -- a rarity for me, as I am the one who can drink half as much and feel twice as bad the next day under normal circumstances.

But then I was able to truly appreciate the the company of great friends, and the beautiful weather and amazing views that we were so lucky to have all weekend.



I'm looking forward to running again very soon, but I am also very much enjoying not being a slave to a training schedule for the time being.  

(more stories from New York to come.....eventually)

No comments: