Sunday, October 11, 2009
How not to train for a marathon
1) Switch your long run to 4 days after a race (because dragging your cement legs along for your longest marathon training run will be so fun).
2) Run 20 miles in a constant cold drizzle.
3) Immediately following long, cold run, get in your car and drive half-way across the country.
4) Repeatedly get less than 6 hours of sleep. (further perpetuate this problem by choosing to drink beer and lounge in a hot tub with new friends rather than go to bed early.)
5) Spend 10 days at altitude, chronically dehydrated.
But this is life....and sometimes you've just gotta get out there and live it. Opportunities may not come your way again, but napping will always be an option.