Saturday, October 11, 2008

More vacation workouts

More stairs.

More rewards.

OMG, the walking. Seriously. So - much - walking. In some ways I think running 10 miles and then sitting on your bum for the rest of the day is easier than the non-stop walking.

Even my brain is getting a workout. The constant language barrier can be exhausting. I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I love it. I'm just sayin'....it can wear a girl out. Uno mas Vino por favor? And please don't correct my Spanish....its horrible, I know this. I took German in High School, OK. Today at lunch I accidentally asked for the "hill" instead of the "bill"....cuesta, instead of cuento....so close, but still not impressing anyone (though our waiter was a good sport about it). I wish people in Illinois and Minnesota spoke different languages. We mid-westerners would be much more "worldly."

I'm going to try to go for a run tomorrow morning before we hit the road. :) Buenos noches, amigos!

No comments: