Monday, July 28, 2008

Did I unknowingly birth something?

This weekend i had the root-canal-caliber fun of buying a new car. I know, it should be exciting and all...but I really don't see how spending a wad of hard-earned money on something that is only going to depreciate could be considered fun.

Regardless, I needed a car...so off to the sales lots I went.

I drove, I bartered, I debated. And all through the process I found myself saying things like, "well what kind of rack can I get for this car?" .... "Is there enough room in the back for my bike?" .... "How many people, gear bags, and bikes will this car hold?" .... "Well....I think I could put my bike in here, but then how much cargo space will I have left..."

You'd think I was talking about my family of four the way I was all "well, I don't know if that will work with the bikes."

In the end I walked away with something that should work out quite nicely for me and the bikes. I hope the bikes appreciate this. But then, kids these days have such a sense of entitlement.

No comments: