Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cleaning Around the Stuck


From what I can tell, sometimes the reason we are stuck actually has very little to do with the thing that's not moving. So I've been doing a lot of cleaning around that big immovable object in my life. Maybe I'll wear down enough of what's cemented it in, so that one day very soon, I'll get to watch it topple and break into a beautiful sea of bits and pieces, carrying me with it.

Until then, I'll keep whittling away at the little things. Like my inbox (2500 down, 50 to go). And my technology issues (appointment for new hard drive installation made).

And enjoying my present location, by building new skill sets (rock climbing and rowing on-tap). And enjoying the lovely people I'm surrounded by.

Happy earth day! Enjoy your corner of the planet, wherever that may be.
-------------

Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed. 
- Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

1 comment:

Annika said...

This is beautiful. It made me think of how the waves of Lake Superior wash against the sandstone and meld it into beautiful works of art. Just like you--letting the wind blow against you and shape you into the Earthly being you should be.

p.s. My nerdy self is so excited you are getting a new hard drive!