Thursday, July 28, 2011

I mean, what's a sister for if not enabling?

I was kinda crabby today. OK, I was really crabby today. I'm busy. And tired. And its mostly good-busy, or at least self-induced busy so I really shouldn't complain. And I don't. Much. But that doesn't mean I'm not a little crabby.

So how does one remedy crabby?

Crepes. Duh.  A raspberry and Nutella crepe, to be exact. For lunch. Ya, that's right. My lunch came with whipped cream. And I was really, really OK with that fact. I was just digging in, to both the crepe and a little freelance work, when I noticed the pleasant woman next to me. She has just just received her crepe. Hers was of the smoked trout variety.

No whipped cream in sight.

I type furiously:

To: sister
From: crabby fatty
Re: of course
I sit down to eat my raspberry Nutella crepe (comes with whipped cream for cryin' out loud) for lunch and the girl next to me gets smoked trout savory crepe. It even has spinach and s@#$. I am trying to be impenetrable to the unintentional guilt vibe she is putting off.

Response follows immediately...

To: Me
From: Awesome sister
Raspberries and chocolate are chock-full of antioxidants! Hazelnuts have protein! Calcium! Who wants a savory crepe anyway? It's like, against the laws of nature.

And THAT is why I keep her around (and excuse her occasional excessive use of exclamation points -- I mean, clearly they were necessary here).

1 comment:

Dano said...

NUTELLA! The ultimate food. Yum.
Some people like to hit the road for a run to clear their heads when they're crabby. Running for you, however, might have exacerbated the situation. Good choice, Nutella.